Monday, May 5, 2014

Challenge Accomplished...Now What?

If you've been following along, you know that I just completed my "100 Happy Days" challenge.  I figured while I did that, I didn't need to blog since all of my "faithful followers" would be waiting anxiously each day to see what exciting events were happening in our lives here in Switzerland.  Turns out the past 100 days were pretty eventful...in summary...

  • Our family celebrated 11 birthdays...2 of our 3 children, my father-in-law, 1 of my 2 brothers-in-law, 2 of my 3 sisters-in-law, and 5 of our 8 nieces/nephews.  Hope I didn't miss anyone!
  • Went on five short trips - 2 nights in Zermatt, 2 nights in London, 2 nights in Hirslanden ;), 3 nights in Italy/1 night in Mürren, and 3 nights in Croatia.
  • Broke one wrist...resulting in two casts, one operation (so far...), and the above 2 night stay in "the spa" at Hirslanden!
  • Saw an exhibit on the fine art of "Scherenschnitt" - Swiss paper cutting!
  • Took over leadership of the Room to Read Zürich Chapter Gala (October 25, 2014!!)
  • Moved out of Minervastrasse and onto Kirchgasse.
  • Celebrated the Badgers' Final Four appearance.
  • Endured my first "boot camp".
  • Met up with Meghan twice and Patrick once...looking forward to seeing Connor in a few short weeks!
  • Learned how to "arm knit", color with oil pastels, make delicious chocolates, choose the proper wine for your food, and "Draw from the Right Side of the Brain".  
  • Started "following" Hank the Dog (@BrewersHank, #ballparkpup), the Brewers' new stray dog turned mascot-public relations/marketing machine!
  • Didn't hear Juan Pablo tell Nikki he loves her...
  • Had the last few glüweins of the season and the first few Aperol Spritzes (When will the "Leo"- Zürich's 2014 drink of the summer be available???)
  • Said good-bye to two good friends and their husbands who moved back to the USA :(
  • Enjoyed 70 degree weather in March...followed by the return of winter in late April and May.
  • Had my photo taken with most likely the world's largest explodable snowman.  A few days later watched him explode for the third year in a row...once again, without capturing the final explosion on film.  Perhaps it's "fourth time's a charm" for the Böögg and me!
  • Watched and sang/danced along to countless "Happy" videos...favorites include the versions from Harajuku, Tokyo; the Milwaukee Brewers, Grand Hotel Le Trois Rois in Basel...and of course, Zürich!
  • Said "tschüss" to my good buddy, "Fritz" :( .  Although we've stopped to visit him on the sidewalk a few times (see day 92)...he's totally confused, and a little bit ticked. when we don't go up the driveway and let him into the house!
Enjoying our weekend in Zermatt...pre broken-wrist...


Went to the Tate Modern in London and saw this photograph.
The woman in the middle looks just like my mother "back in the day"...
(at least to me)

Beautiful views of the Alps across Zürich See back in March.

This is not a drawing...it is paper cutting!!

Quick unauthorized photo of the David first thing in the morning...
too bad it isn't clear.

Life meets street art in Firenze!

The beautiful Piccolomini Library in Siena's Duomo.

Rooftops and the Adriatic...from Dubrovnik's wall.

Meghan and Patrick "saving a spot" for Connor :(.

Selfie with my man, the Böögg!
Zum Grünen Glas guild gearing up for the Sechsäuten Parade.


So what now?  What will the next 100 days bring?  Stay tuned...and feel free to send in requests!

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I stumbled upon your blog looking for content about Switzerland. Very nice! I work for Hello Switzerland (www.helloswitzerland.ch). We have lots of great content, you should check out the site and consider adding it to your recommended blog list. Cheers, Emma

    ReplyDelete